(2) Dragway Tools® B4000 4.0 Bare Cylinder Head for Ranger Explorer (Early Model)
Dont buy a remanufactured cylinder head you will eventually have the same issues of the OEM head cracking. Dragway Tools® brings you a brand new replacement cylinder head to relieve the worries of your engine failing.
- Set of (2) Early Model left and right 4.0 Clyinders
- Replaces casting T and U
- High grade cast iron for additional strength
- Nickle alloy material for longer durability
- Both intake and exhaust have hardened valve seat inserts
- Reinforced ribs for additional strength
- Fully machined gasket surfaces
- Meets or exceeds O.E. specifications
- Fits the following models
- No Core Return Required
Cracked Cylinder Head Overview:
There have been three distinctly different heads with five different casting numbers installed on the 4.0L since 1990. The combustion chamber was changed in '95 and the exhaust ports were revised in '98.
1990-'94 All and ‘95-'96 Aerostar
The original 90TM casting had an oval-shaped chamber that was slightly bigger in diameter on the intake side. It was replaced in '93 by the 93TM-AA casting that was exactly the same. These heads can be identified by the letter "T" located on the top of the right rear/left front exhaust port.
1995-'97 Ranger, Explorer and '97 Aerostar
The 95TM-AD casting that came out in '95 had the heart-shaped, fast-burn chambers that shrouded the intake valves. It was replaced by the 97TM casting in '97, but it was the same, so they can be used interchangeably. These castings were used on the Ranger and Explorer from '95 through '97 and on the Aerostar in '97. They can be identified by the letter "U" that's located on the top of the right rear/left front exhaust port.
Symptoms of Cracked Cylinder Head:
- Unexplained coolant loss
- Oil pressure loss after starting and/or warming up.
- No heat; Low coolant.
- Poor idle; Misfire.
- Check Engine Light.
Causes of Cracked Cylinder Head:
- lack of maintenance
- low coolant
- not checking coolant, hoses, fan, thermostat regularly
- Flush Cooling system regularly
|Mazda||1997||B4000||Base Extended Cab Pickup 2-Door||4.0L 4016CC V6 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated|
Fall Automotive® is not affiliated with, or sponsored by, or authorized to represent, Original Equipment Manufacturers mentioned above. All references to OEM brands, trademarks, and/or model numbers are done solely for the purpose of identifying the aftermarket replacement parts provided by Fall Automotive®. Ford® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company. Mazda® is a registered trademark Mazda Motor of America, Inc. d/b/a Mazda North American Operations. Chrysler®, Dodge®, Jeep®, Ram® are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC. GMC® and Chevrolet® is a registered trademark of General Motors.