This package includes the Steel Dragon Tools MD40 Magnetic Drill Press and the Steel Dragon Tools 7-piece, small diameter, 2-inch cut depth high-speed steel annular cutter kit.
The Steel Dragon Tools MD40 Magnetic Drill Press will accept up to 2-inch, high-speed steel annular cutters with a maximum boring diameter of 1-1/2 in. (40 mm). This magnetic drill press will attach directly to the metal drilling surface with a powerful electromagnet. The electromagnet has 2,700 lbs. of max force and ensures the machine will not move during the drilling process.
A secured magnetic drill press provides more leverage than a hand drill, allowing the operator to cut even, consistent holes. The magnet also allows the drill to operate upside down.
A full line of 1-inch and 2-inch HSS annular cutters by Steel Dragon Tools are available.
- Suitable for drilling on any metal surface.
- Rack and pinion gear system for exact drilling depth.
- One (1) year warranty against manufacturer defect.
- Motor: High-Speed Series, Induction, 1,100 W, 110 V, 60 Hz, 15 A
- Max Magnetic Force: 2,700 lbs. (12,000 N). Thinner metal will result in less force.
- Maximum Boring Diameter: 1-1/2 in. (40 mm)
- Maximum Boring Depth: 7-1/2 in.
- Tool Holder: 3/4-inch Weldon Shank
- Spindle Speed: 670 RPM
- Overall Weight: 30 lbs.
Annular Cutter Features:
- SDT annular cutters will drill large holes up to ten times faster than regular drills bits.
- Machine-finish hole with no reaming needed when using lubricant.
- Make overlapping holes, slotting holes, and edge cuts.
- Bit size is etched on each cutter.
- Pilot pin helps locate the center of hole location.
- Pilot pin helps eject slug after drilling is complete.
- During the drilling process, the pilot pin will retract into the cutter allowing lubrication to reduce heat gain in the slug.
Annular Cutter Specifications:
- Kit includes six (6) high-speed steel annular cutters and one (1) pilot pin.
- Bit sizes included: 7/16 in., 1/2 in., 9/16 in., 5/8 in., 11/16 in., and 3/4 in.
- Cutting Depth: 2 in.
- 3/4 in. Weldon Shank
- Pilot Pin: 3/16 in. x 4 in. (4.74 mm x 103 mm)
- Pilot Pin: 1/4 in. x 4 in. (6.34 mm x 103 mm)