The Steel Dragon Tools® MD40 Magnetic Drill Press will accept up to 2-inch, high-speed steel annular cutters with a maximum boring diameter of 1-1/2 in. (40 mm). This magnetic drill press will attach directly to the metal drilling surface with a powerful electromagnet. The electromagnet has 2,700 lbs. of max force and ensures the machine will not move during the drilling process.
A secured magnetic drill press provides more leverage than a hand drill, allowing the operator to cut even, consistent holes. The magnet also allows the drill to operate upside down.
A full line of 1-inch and 2-inch HSS annular cutters by Steel Dragon Tools are available.
- Model: MD40
- Suitable for drilling on any metal surface.
- Rack and pinion gear system for exact drilling depth.
- One (1) year warranty against manufacturer defect.
- Motor: High-Speed Series, Induction, 1,100 W, 110 V, 60 Hz, 15 A
- Max Magnetic Force: 2,700 lbs. (12,000 N). Thinner metal will result in less force.
- Maximum Boring Diameter: 1-1/2 in. (40 mm)
- Maximum Boring Depth: 7-1/2 in.
- Tool Holder: 3/4-inch Weldon Shank
- Spindle Speed: 670 RPM
- Overall Weight: 30 lbs.